Friday, March 30, 2007

Nine Words and Friday's Feast

This one is for the lads, nine words women use and what they really mean! This list was emailed to me so I've no idea who wrote the orginal list but it made me smile.

1.) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

2.) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

3.) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

4.) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

5.) Loud Sigh: This is not actually a word but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to #3 for the meaning of nothing.)

6.) That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

7.) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome.

8.) Whatever: Is a women's way of saying F@!K YOU!

9.) Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking "What's wrong?" For the woman's response refer to #3.

Appetizer

What are you proud of?

My children although I'm not sure proud is a word I would really use.

Soup

What is the best thing you’ve ever won as a prize?

Winning my first tennis tournament at the age of 14 was pretty good (even though I won a wine glass which was not much good for a 14 year old); winning a tournament partnering Mum (she had already won it with Sam and wanted to win it with me as well); winning my first cash prize in tennis (£75, it paid for a trip to Legoland) but I guess the sweetest win was when I won the singles in my club championship in 2002. I hadn't really played singles for years and was up against against a really good Australian girl who had wiped me off the court the previous year. I played incredible tennis and three sets later emerged the victor. In answer to the question I guess I'm trying to say the buzz from winning was far better than the prizes I won.

Salad

Name something you do that is a waste of time.

Sometimes I think I spend too much time blogging but I rarely watch television now.

Main Course

In what year of your life did you change the most?

1993, when Dillon was born. Before Dillon was born I was a selfish, self centered person, giving birth to this amazing, gorgeous, totally helpless little babe totally changed my attitude and now someone else was the centre of my life, dependent on me to survive.

Dessert

Where is a place you consider to be very tranquil?

Anna Maria Island.

19 comments:

ChrisB said...

Me thinks you are not unlike your mother and before you say it you are a better looser.

Mr. X said...

Beautifully summerised, should be required reading for all persons of the XY-type persuasion.

You might add "I don't mind"
meaning "I've already told you but you weren't listning as usual"

frannie said...

love #4 and #9--- well, all of them, but those especially.

always nice to read a feast.

FH said...

HAHAHA!!! I LOVE the nine words.Clever clever girl,our Beccy:))

Anonymous said...

Beccy- The nine words are totally accurate! I could actually hear myself saying them as I was reading them.
I am really enjoying your Friday feasts, too.

Beccy said...

Mum, I've never denied that I like to win but to be a good winner you need to be a gracious loser.

Mr. X beautifully said!

Frannie I liked no. 4 as well.

Asha, I hope I didn't mislead you but these aren't my words but were passed on to me, I have no idea where they originate from or who to credit with them.

That's the scary thing Lisa, knowing we say them with those meanings!

my4kids said...

I love the 9 words also to funny. I could hear myself saying them also but sometimes not with those meanings the poor hubby can be so confused. Problem is I know what I mean when I say them so I don't always realize that is not what he means when he does.

AfKaP said...

Those are so funny! Thanks for a much needed morning smile. And the feast is as always delicious - I copied you yet again!!

Anonymous said...

Love Beccy and her mum.

So there!

(I get to be blunt. I'm from Texas. Hee!)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the list - because it is sooo true...

and when it comes to sports the last 5 minutes of the game can be half an hour.

Sam said...

I don't think you were selfish and self centered? Really? I never noticed if you were. I think you are too harsh on yourself.

Steffi said...

I love your list and enjoyed to read!

Unknown said...

NO comment!!

Beccy said...

Terri, my hubby usually infruriates me when he knows what I mean when I'm trying to pretend everything is 'fine'!

Wendy, a lighthearted way to start the weekend.

Stephanie, be as blunt as you like with such nice comments.

Lol Karmyn or longer!

Sam, I wasn't the nicest of teenagers and I really liked to get my own way, I was also quite bossy.

Thanks Steffi.

John?

Barbara said...

Amazing how children change your life - for the better.

Kila said...

LOL, that was pretty good.

I can't imagine what I would be like now if I hadn't had kids. They definately bring about good, necessary changes.

Sam said...

you need a mellow blue brain

Beccy said...

I agree Barbara and Kila.

Sam, you mellow?

sallywrites said...

I agree Beccy!

Emily was born in 1990, and before that I was a very self centred 28 year old. Suddenly I actually understood what life was about!!