Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Time for Reflection

I copied this from Terri's blog last year.

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?

Go on holiday with Joule family.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I never make new year's resolutions, they are hard to keep and I always try to live a good life.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

A friend of mine had her third boy 11 and 14 years after her other sons, and what a cute babe he is too.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

One of my closest friends lost her father suddenly whilst on holiday in France.

5. What countries did you visit?

England (of course) and France.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?

A decent summer, I really suffered this Autumn from the lack of sun and warmth last summer. I need a good dose of sunshine to get me through the cold, wet and windy winter.

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

May, Joules finished studying for his degree. It was five years hard slog for all of us as he completed it after work and at weekends. The icing on the cake came when he received his results: A Distinction.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Continuing to have a good, happy family life with lots of laughter.

9. What was your biggest failure?

I tend not to think of things as failing as I always try to put a positive slant on everything. I'm definitely a glass half full person.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

I did, the egg sized lump that grew on my knee-nearly gone now.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

I didn't buy it but I got a new bike (complete with wicker basket) for my birthday and I love it.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

At times all of ours!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

At times all of ours!

14. Where did most of your money go?

Food, children's activities and the mortgage.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Seeing my family especially Sam as I rarely get to see her.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?

Delilah by The Plain White Ts.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter?

a) Neither happier or sadder.
b) Slightly thinner, I lost over a stone in September/October but I've eaten loads this past week.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Exercise and reading.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Eating and blogging.

20. How did you spend Christmas?

In Bristol with my family.

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?

I was already in love.

22. What was your favorite TV program?

I don't watch much tv but love Neighbours.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

Hate is a strong word which I try not to use. I sometimes hate my children's behaviour.

24. What was the best book you read?

This Book Will Save Your Life by A.M. Homes.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Plain White Ts.

26. What did you want and get?

A bike, a Nintendo ds lite and jewellery.

27. What did you want and not get?

Nothing.

28. What was your favorite film this year?

I loved Pirates of the Caribbean At Worlds End (what's not to love, Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom in the same movie) and Atonement.

29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?

I was 38 years young and I went out to dinner with my family and played tennis with my friends.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Feeling the sun shine on my skin in the summer.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?

Diverse, tracksuit for sport, jeans for walking/cleaning etc and skirts and dresses for everything else.

32. What kept you sane?

Who says I'm sane?

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

It's a close thing between Johnny and Orlando.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

Education. How come Mollie and Ben's affluent school get given loads of money (in a very short time) to add an extension when Dillon's poorer school has been falling down for years and the department of education is taking it's time in rebuilding the school despite giving it the go ahead last year? Of course it's all down to politics, Mollie and Ben's school got the money during election week and the minister got re-elected.

35. Who did you miss?

My family.

36. Who was the best new person you met?

I've known her for a few years but only really got to know her in the last few months. Her name is Amy, last year she was social secretary in the tennis club and threw the most amazing parties. This year she is taking on the Ladies Captaincy and I'm taking on the role of Development Officer so I'm looking forward to working (and partying) with her.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.

When I am ill not to expect the worse (not sure I've fully learnt it yet)!

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

Hmmmmm....my minds gone blank.

Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2008.

16 comments:

Alix said...

Great post Beccy.
Happy New Year!

FH said...

Great MeMes to read Beccy. Happy new year to you and family!:)

thefoodsnob said...

Great idea for a New Year's post.

Happy New Year!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

What a fantastic post. I may have to pinch it if I can get the time to work though it.

Hannah

frannie said...

that was a great post!

ChrisB said...

Good answers Beccy.

Casdok said...

Lovely post!

Anonymous said...

Great post and I agree, hate is too harsh of a word to use. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Nice list indeed and it made me think!
Happy New Year to you and many blessings for 2008.

Steffi said...

That´s a great post,Beccy!all the best to you & your family for the year 2008!

Yvonne said...

Great post! And congratulations to Joules. A great achievement.

Carla said...

What a fun meme. Happy 2008!

Kila said...

Happy New Year to you! Thanks for sharing 2007 with me, and here's to a great 2008!

theotherbear said...

I've enjoyed reading how people answer these questions differently!
And now I have an urge to buy a wicker basket for my bicycle.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're back. I like the summing up of the old year too. ;)

my4kids said...

I might do this again this year also!

Glad to see you back and hope you have a wonderful year!