Thursday, November 23, 2006

Busy, Busy, Busy

While I won't bore you with the boring details of my mundane day, of which I can assure you there are more than just a few; instead I will tell you about the fun I've been having with my latest gadget. I was going to say toy but didn't think Sam would appreciate that!

So, the Kitchen Aid has been very busy aiding me in the kitchen. I started off by whipping up some delicious sweet shortcrust pastry to make some mince pies (or snow pies as well call them in this house). I was so impressed with the pastry that I now have a big bowl of homemade mincemeat on the go. The pastry was far too good for a jar of shop bought mincemeat.


Next up was some bread from a recipe that does need kneading. My trusted friend kneaded the dough in little more than two minutes and two and a half hours later this beautiful loaf came out of the oven.


Finally I have prepared some pizza dough, now waiting in the fridge for the kids to make pizza over the weekend. Tomorrow I'm going to see how my Kitchen Aid likes making fairy cakes.

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Pity we can't get your kitchen aid and my oven together. Lovley fruit mince pies.

Beccy said...

Sounds like a match made in heaven Barbara.

ChrisB said...

Wish I was still with you to help sample. Did the mincemeat turn out OK.

Beccy said...

Mincemeat has to be left in bowl for two days, then put into jars and left to mature for two weeks. Only then will I know if it tastes good. It smells very good.

ChrisB said...

If you don't use it all ha ha! you will have to bring a jar with you. I won't hold my breath maybe I should make some.

cookiecrumb said...

What color is your Kitchen Aid? It's a pressing concern for so many of us.
:D

Beccy said...

Hi cookiecrumb, my kitchen aid is white, you can see a picture on this post:
beccy-peppermint-tea.blogspot.com/2006/11/worlds-best-sister.html