Sunday, December 07, 2008

For a special Friend

I had it all planned, a walk on the beach and plenty of photos, albeit a pebbly beach in the depths of winter with lots of ice and not a lot of sun but then wham we were hit with the lurgy (well sore throats and colds) so no long walks for me but I still wanted to write this post.

I first met Barbara when she started commenting on mum's blog. Barbara always left the most delightful comments so I had to go and check her out and boy was I glad I did. Barbara posts the most delicious recipes. I have made more of Barbara's dishes than of anyone else's and each one has been delightful. So when I heard about Bron's idea of Barbara's friends sending her virtual hugs via blogging I didn't think twice about signing up even though I seem to be on an extended break from blogging. Barbara's blog posts are positive and sunny, a touch of Oz with beautiful photography and sometimes I forget the battle she is currently fighting. Because Barbara knows mum, Sam and myself and has followed us through our highs and lows she truly feels like a family member and I want to share a big hug with her.

If I was out in Australia I would bring her a pavlova, I mean who can resist all those berries, double cream and crispy on the outside, slightly gooey on the inside meringue. We'd sit watching the sunset over the sea and sip the finest champagne.




Of course if Barbara was to roll up here she'd probably end up being offered some novelty birthday cake ( which is always chocolate).

So Barbara, consider youself the recipient of lots of hugs from us here in Ireland, xxx.

13 comments:

Ilva said...

Thanks Beccy for joining us! Incredible cakes!

Barbara said...

Oh Beccy this is lovely. Thank you. Having lived in the land of pavlova, New Zealand, and the land that thinks they invented pavlova, Australia, I've never really mastered the skill. Yours looks fabulous.... and I can think of nothing nicer than sharing a glass of champagne with you. I love chocolate cake too and my boys are past the age of novelty cakes- but if they weren't I'd be taking lessons from you. Hugs right back at you.

Sam said...

hope you feel better, Beccy xxx. Lovely blog post.

ChrisB said...

I love your pavlova, and I guess those are Ben's birthday cakes. If you ever go to Australia remember I'm coming as well!

Bron said...

Cracker cakes Beccy! Thank you for coming out of your blogging hibernation to share a hug with our special friend Barbara, we really appreciate that. Sorry too, to hear you've caught the lurgy, hope you're all feeling heaps better soon.
Hugs Bron

Pamela said...

lurgy? I've never heard it called that.

We call it the "crud" around here.

Oh Yum to all those desserts.
(ps. missed you)

cookiecrumb said...

Hey, Beccy!
Very nice tribute to the amazing Barbara.
I'm sending you a hug, too. Sounds like maybe you could use one??
xoxoxo!!!

Bethany said...

So happy you came up on my feed reader!

Lovely cakes.

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

A warm great hug that comes with Champagne, pavlova AND those cakes! Fabulous.

Jen Yu said...

Oh, I hope you have recovered. Your virtual hug is really adorable and lovely and delicious :)

Unknown said...

I about fell through the floor when I discovered you had a new post! :) I love your figured 8 race-track cake! :)

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet! I love the cakes

Steffi said...

Great cakes!Really good!