Friday, April 18, 2008

Knocksink Woods

When mum was over recently we went for a walk in Knocksink Woods. Knocksink Woods is a nature reserve in Enniskerry, Co. Wicklow and is very close to Dublin. It is a lovely place to visit with children as there is a river with bridges, woods, trees to climb, slopes to climb up and slide down as well as some small winding paths through the woods. If you venture off the main path you come to a small shingle beach where my children have been known to paddle in the icy waters. After a walk here it's only a short hop to the beautiful gardens at Powerscourt where you can enjoy a scrumptious lunch or a nice hot cuppa with a slice of tasty lemon tart.

16 comments:

Yvonne said...

It is beautiful there, my family and I walked it recently and really enjoyed it. Love the cuppa at the end too!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. It looks like you had a great time with your mum in town!

Unknown said...

Looks wonderful!

ChrisB said...

I think I recognise those photos! I enjoyed that walk.I have only just managed to get my internet connection back. In desperation I pulled out all the wires and plugs and re-connected (hoping I could remember where everything went) and this worked!

Steffi said...

Very beautiful pictures, Beccy! I love to see you again!

Anonymous said...

I love the look of all those mossy trees!

Beckie said...

It looks beautiful. I love the photo collages you do.

Barbara said...

Nice to see you back Beccy. Loved the previous post about Mollie.

Unknown said...

That looks like an awesome place! The pic with the person in the tree, is that tree green? I mean the bark, trunk, whatever, is it green?

Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

dear beccy. Looks like a nice (but cold!) day out. You didn't actually say whether you DID partake of a cuppa and lemon tart - I certainly would have. Yum!

Pamela said...

extraordinary (even without the lemon tart!)

frannie said...

love the pics!!
oh, and did I mention that I'm glad you're back? 'cause I am!!!!!!

my4kids said...

Sounds like a great park to go to my kids would love the rope swings. Great pics.

Kila said...

We also love such walks. Looks like a good time :)

Sam said...

wah, wah, wah, I miss my family

Alison said...

it looks beautiful...I am sure my family would love it.