Wednesday, March 07, 2007

My Reading Diegested!

I 'borrowed' this from Bethany's site. I love reading and wondered just how many I had read or wanted to read.

Look at the list of books below.
*Bold the ones you’ve read
*Italicize the ones you want to read
*leave blank the ones that you aren’t interested in.

1.The Da Vinci Code (Dan Brown)
2.Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen)
3.To Kill A Mockingbird (Harper Lee)
4. Gone With The Wind (Margaret Mitchell)
5. The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (J.R.R. Tolkien)
6. The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (J.R.R. Tolkien)
7. The Lord of the Rings: Two Towers (J.R.R. Tolkien)
8. Anne of Green Gables (L.M. Montgomery)
9. Outlander (Diana Gabaldon)
10.A Fine Balance (Rohinton Mistry)
11.Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (J.K. Rowling)
12.Angels and Demons (Dan Brown)
13.Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (J.K. Rowling)
14. A Prayer for Owen Meany (John Irving)
15. Memoirs of a Geisha (Arthur Golden)
16.Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (J.K. Rowling)
17. Fall on Your Knees(Ann-Marie MacDonald)
18. The Stand (Stephen King)
19. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban(J.K. Rowling)
20. Jane Eyre (Charlotte Bronte)
21. The Hobbit (J.R.R. Tolkien)
22. The Catcher in the Rye (J.D. Salinger)
23. Little Women (Louisa May Alcott)
24. The Lovely Bones (Alice Sebold)
25. Life of Pi (Yann Martel)
26. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams)
27. Wuthering Heights (Emily Bronte)
28. The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (C. S. Lewis)
29. East of Eden (John Steinbeck)
30. Tuesdays with Morrie(Mitch Albom)
31. Dune (Frank Herbert)
32. The Notebook (Nicholas Sparks)
33. Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand)
34. 1984 (George Orwell)
35. The Mists of Avalon (Marion Zimmer Bradley)
36. The Pillars of the Earth (Ken Follett)
37. The Power of One (Bryce Courtenay)
38. I Know This Much is True(Wally Lamb)
39. The Red Tent (Anita Diamant)
40. The Alchemist (Paulo Coelho)
41. The Clan of the Cave Bear (Jean M. Auel)
42. The Kite Runner (Khaled Hosseini)
43. Confessions of a Shopaholic (Sophie Kinsella)
44. The Five People You Meet In Heaven (Mitch Albom)
45 Bible
46. Anna Karenina (Tolstoy)
47. The Count of Monte Cristo (Alexandre Dumas)
48. Angela’s Ashes (Frank McCourt)
49. The Grapes of Wrath (John Steinbeck)
50. She’s Come Undone (Wally Lamb)
51. The Poisonwood Bible (Barbara Kingsolver)
52. A Tale of Two Cities (Charles Dickens)
53. Ender’s Game (Orson Scott Card)
54. Great Expectations (Charles Dickens)
55. The Great Gatsby (F. Scott Fitzgerald)
56. The Stone Angel (Margaret Laurence)
57. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (J.K. Rowling)
58. The Thorn Birds (Colleen McCullough)
59. The Handmaid’s Tale (Margaret Atwood)
60. The Time Traveller's Wife (Audrey Niffenegger)
61. Crime and Punishment (Fyodor Dostoyevsky)
62. The Fountainhead (Ayn Rand)
63. War and Peace (Tolsoy)
64. Interview With The Vampire (Anne Rice)
65. Fifth Business (Robertson Davis)
66. One Hundred Years Of Solitude (Gabriel Garcia Marquez)
67. The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants (Ann Brashares)
68. Catch-22 (Joseph Heller)
69. Les Miserables (Hugo)
70. The Little Prince (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)
71. Bridget Jone's Diary (Helen Fielding)
72. Love in the Time of Cholera (Marquez)
73. Shogun (James Clavell)
74. The English Patient (Michael Ondaatje)
75. The Secret Garden (Frances Hodgson Burnett)
76. The Summer Tree (Guy Gavriel Kay)
77. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (Betty Smith)
78. The World According To Garp (John Irving)
79. The Diviners (Margaret Laurence)
80. Charlotte’s Web (E.B. White)
81. Not Wanted On The Voyage (Timothy Findley)
82. Of Mice And Men (Steinbeck)
83. Rebecca (Daphne DuMaurier)
84. Wizard’s First Rule (Terry Goodkind)
85. Emma (Jane Austen)
86. Watership Down(Richard Adams)
87. Brave New World (Aldous Huxley)

88. The Stone Diaries (Carol Shields)
89. Blindness (Jose Saramago)
90. Kane and Abel (Jeffrey Archer)
91. In The Skin Of A Lion (Ondaatje)
92. Lord of the Flies (Golding)
93. The Good Earth(Pearl S. Buck)
94. The Secret Life of Bees (Sue Monk Kidd)
95. The Bourne Identity (Robert Ludlum)
96. The Outsiders (S.E. Hinton)
97. White Oleander (Janet Fitch)
98. A Woman of Substance (Barbara Taylor Bradford)
99. The Celestine Prophecy (James Redfield)
100.Ulysses (James Joyce)

So I've read 30 out of the 100 books listed and there are five I want to read. I don't consider it to be list of classics and there are a few books mentioned that I started but never finshed, The Lord Of The Rings being one, I much preferred watching the film! Maybe I should make my own list of favourite books and see who's read books I like, what do you think?

I'm not tagging anyone but if you'd like to do this, have fun!

20 comments:

ChrisB said...

Rebecca you've pipped me to the post yet again I had this one up my sleeve to do.

Barbara said...

I've only read 13 on the list. I think the list is a reflection of where you live in the world. In the southern hemisphere I think we are less inclined to read the English and US classics.

my4kids said...

Beccy, this makes me look bad. I don't really read books very often. I used to when I was younger before kids but I just can't get into them anymore. Alot of the books though I have seen the movie. Does that count?? haha

Anonymous said...

I think I've commented the same thing each time I see this list -

Can we count those books that have been made into movies? Because if we can, my list just got a whole lot bigger.

FH said...

I have read half of them.I prefer reading to music or anything for that matter!:)) I have a collection of classics too.

I love your title!!

Steffi said...

I have read only 5 on this list.I prefer to read more modern books about the real life or travels.

frannie said...

Lord of the Rings (and the Hobbit) are my favorite books!!! I have read them many times.

Neat to see what books you like.

Sam said...

I took up the challenge
and I am only one behind you.
But I should get double points for having read War and Peace.

Anonymous said...

We seem to have the same taste in books! Good taste of course!

Beccy said...

So Sorry Mother!

Barbara, I wouldn't actually call lots of the books on the list classics. Also, in my opinion, they missed lots of 'classics' off the list.

My4kids, I used to read all the time then stopped when I had children and was lucky to read two or three books a year. Three years ago I joined a book club and am back reading again.

I don't see why not Karmyn.

Since I've started blogging Asha I find I'm listening to music less...my music that is, I hear more than enough of Dillon's music.

Steffi, I read a lot of modern books, especially through the book club which is why I'd only read 30 on the list.

I loved The Hobbit Frannie but struggled with The Lord of the Rings.

Sam, love the striking through, good idea. Funny how we've read mostly the same books. Very impressed with War and Peace I don't think I got much further than about page 10!

Absolutely Bethany.

Sabrina said...

Enjoyed your list and post--I tagged myself and enjoyed it. Read almost exactly half and it gave me some ideas on the "to-read" list!!!

ChrisB said...

beccy I have realised I couldn't do it as the function for bold or italic doesn't work on my posts. boo hoo

ChrisB said...

Oh and by the way I have read 41 seen films a a couple of others and have some in my waiting to read pile and I never could get into reading Tolkien but loved the films

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I have read 32 off the list. Can't say there's many on there I want to read still, it is an interesting idea though, what are your top 100 books?

Beccy said...

I be over to see your list Sabrina.

That's a shame Mum, pity you're not here you could do it on my computer!

Fatman, I think that will have to be saved for another post!

Anonymous said...

Loved, Loved, Loved the list. Have made a list of the ones I want to read. As far as the ones I've read:
35.
Now, thank you for continuing to visit my place and comment during my absence from blogging.
I will get your little surprise in the mail in the next couple of days. After all that happened in Oklahoma, I just didn't have the time to do it there.

Anonymous said...

Well, you've read a heck of a lot more than I have!

Emma in Canada said...

I have 45 of those books on my bookshelf, or on Taylor's. I have not read all of them though.

Anonymous said...

I have read 28, and seen a few of the movies. I would not consider some of them classics, either. As much as I love the Harry Potter series, it just doesn't come in on the same level of War and Peace.
I will probably not be reading many more too soon, since I just started back to school this year!

AfKaP said...

Do make your own list!! It would be interesting to see!