Friday, November 03, 2006

Not another disaster!


So back to those cookies I was baking yesterday, a complete disaster! I was inspired by Gluten Free Girl and as my mother-in-law is a celiac I decided to try out these cookies. Not having almond butter I made my own so maybe that was why it didn't work or maybe it was my cup to oz conversion. Anyway I ended up with gloop all over the oven. As I never give up I found out an old recipe I have for fork biscuits (it's on a scrap of paper so don't know who to credit for it) and followed the instructions from Gluten Free Girl to add the chocolate topping.

Fork Biscuits

Preheat oven 170oC

8oz butter
4oz caster sugar
10oz self raising flour (I used tritamyl flour to make gluten free biccys)

Cream together butter and sugar.
Stir in flour.
Use hands to form a dough.
Make small balls of dough in palm of hand and place on parchment covered baking tray.
Dip a fork in cold water and press down on each cookie.
Bake for about 8 minutes.
Remove from oven and gently press down on each cookie with the back of a spoon.
Sprinkle chocolate chips over and bake for another minute.
Spread chocolate over cookies with a pallet knife.

These are delicious served either warm or cold. They are light and crumbly and incredibly moorish! As you see from my photo I did not use enough chocolate although I put loads on, so pile on the chocolate to get a really good covering. I was going to cheat and melt more chocolate to cover the cookie but decided to be honest!

4 comments:

ChrisB said...

Honesty is the best policy and too much choc will detract from the taste of the cookie so these look fine to me.

Beccy said...

Did you check out gluten free girls original cookies, much better than mine!

Sam said...

well they don't exactly look very good to me, I can't lie like mother's can, (even mothers who declare honesty is the best policy), but who cares if it tastes good.

and your cookies always taste more than good little sis. I am glad you don't live next door cos I am on a diet and you would make me fat.

did you know it was a year ago yesterday that mollie modelled mars bar cake?

I wish I was with you all right now.
miss you.
xxxx

Beccy said...

Well they might not look good but they taste crumbly and melt in the mouthy, so I guess that's more important. I wouldn't have posted it if they tasted bad!