Sunday, November 12, 2006

Muffin Munchies


When I first moved to Ireland and began baking I decided I'd like to make muffins, then I went to a cookery display held at Powerscourt where amongst other things the chef whipped up some delicious looking muffins. So with Powerscourt recipe in hand and newly acquired muffin tin given to me by my granny I set to work. Now I don't have the recipe anymore but I remember it involving oil and lots of pans. I also remember not being impressed with the results after a lot of work and lots of pans to wash up so my muffin tin was relegated to the back of a cupboard.

Fast forward many years to when I was baking a chocolate cake and there on the side of the cocoa powder tin was a recipe for muffins. Out came my muffin tin, they were easy to make and the results were delicious. I have slightly adapted the recipe and make them regularly.

6oz butter/margarine
6oz caster sugar
3 eggs
8oz self raising flour
2oz cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
200g white chocolate, chopped into small pieces
1/4 pint milk

set oven 190oC

Cream butter and sugar.
Beat in eggs.
Add flour, cocoa and baking powder and stir gently.
Stir in milk and chocolate.
Spoon into muffin cases and bake for 15 minutes.

Enjoy

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Great recipe. I'm on a diet but the boys would love these.

Beccy said...

They're very good and never last long in our house Barbara