Monday, February 25, 2008

A Wintry Supper


A few weeks I bought myself a new cookbook. Now I rarely use cookbooks as I tend to get most of my recipes from the internet (blogging or recipe searches) and magazines but the title caught my eye 101 One Pot Dishes by the Good Food magazine. With a busy family life this was just what I needed, the fact that the book is small and cheap (€7.50) had me sold. I have made a number of dishes from this book and all have been really tasty and received the thumbs up. Because I like to cook food from scratch I haven't followed all the recipes in their entirety and have therefore used more than one pan but the end results have been great. This recipe has been adjusted from the book.
Chicken with Creamy Bacon Penne
1tbsp olive oil
4 skinned, boneless chicken breasts, cut up
5 bacon rashers (slices) chopped up
6 tbsp dry white wine
6-8oz frozen peas
8 tbsp cream
450g cooked penne
Heat the oil in the pan, gently fry chicken and bacon on high heat fro about four minutes.
When chicken has browned add the wine and let it bubble over a high heat until most of the wine has evaporated.
Add the peas, cream, penne and season. Stir then cover with a lid and simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Enjoy.

17 comments:

FH said...

Trisha loves Bacon. That plate of dinner is perfect for us. Thanks Beccy!:)

thefoodsnob said...

That looks perfect for me to make for the family when I have a class, thank you!

Lisa

ChrisB said...

I would like to try that!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm... Well that made my stomach grumble!

Kaytabug said...

Mmmmm that sounds and looks very yummy!
Just wanted to pop by to let you know how talented I think Dillon is making such a wonderful FM button. It might just be me but I don't think most 13-14 year olds know how to make graphics.

Unknown said...

Sounds delicious. I make a similar dish using ham.

Julie said...

Looks good. Could you send some over for my dinner tonight?

Faye said...

Never enough one dish pasta recipes--this sounds delicious and you could probably improvise like crazy.

Unknown said...

One pot dishes are always ones I love. :) Hope you're feeling better. :)

Kila said...

Sounds good and filling. Gotta love a one-dish meal!

Anonymous said...

That looks lovely. I may just have to try that this weekend :-)

Steffi said...

Oh Beccy,that looks delicious!Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This looks incredibly yummy. Very similar to something I make fairly often. I'm going to try your recipe next time, though;).

Thanks for your kind thoughts recently. xo

my4kids said...

That sounds good I might have to give it a try myself! I'm glad you explained what a rasher was!

~ej said...

that looks lovely!! :)

frannie said...

sounds yummy!!

Anonymous said...

When I saw the photo, I thought the chicken was perogies (dumpling dough filled with potato and cheese). It looks good and easy too.