Monday, February 18, 2008

Bums!

We were all set to be wiped off the tennis court. The team we were playing were very strong and hadn't dropped a point over the five weeks of the league but I was looking forward to the challenge.

It all started so well.

I served well, my volleys were working and I was well able to rally with the girls. We won that first game.

The second game started off well with us winning the first couple of points.

Then came the lob...not a problem I thought as I raced back to get it. Unfortunately it was a great lob and landed on the back of the line so I stretched that bit more....that's when I felt it...yep I tore a muscle in my bum.

I continued to play but I was in agony and couldn't put my weight onto that leg.

Of course we lost.

I'm sitting here in a great deal of pain as it's far worse today but at least I have a good excuse to blog all day and I've just booked a spa treatment at this hotel where I'm going for a girls weekend with the tennis girls.

26 comments:

Yvonne said...

Ouch! Keep taking the pills and focus on that spa treatment. Are you going this weekend? Hotel looks lovely!

willowtree said...

Now that really is a pain in the arse!!

Ok, I know that's stating the obvious, but seriously, how often do you get a change to use that in context.

Barbara said...

I'm sorry, you probably are in real pain but I'm laughing. Enjoy the spa

Alix said...

Beccy - oh nasty! Hope you recover fast and enjoy the spa.

laurie said...

wow. when i saw your title i thougth you were referring to your mom's beach pix of the day before.

so sorry about the torn muscle. WT is funny but man i bet that hurts.

a spa sounds like just the thing...assuming you can sit down....

FH said...

So sorry Beccy! Torn muscles are the worst pain, hope you get lot of rest.I know with 3 kids, it's hard but do try.

thefoodsnob said...

Oh, Beccy, so sorry you're in pain. I know it's no laughing matter for you.
Hope you get better soon, and that getaway place looks wonderful, enjoy!


Lisa

Beckie said...

I thought you were calling your opponents bums for winning - now I understand!

I know that type of injury hurts a lot. Relax and look forward to your spa treatment.

Anonymous said...

what a pain in the arse, becky. ok. wt said it first, but it bears repeating.

Unknown said...

Looking at your last post, I can't think of a nicer bum to sprain!

ChrisB said...

Beccy sorry you have sprained your 'bum'As you say a good excuse not to do anything! Are you going away this weekend!

Unknown said...

How often does one get to say they pulled a muscle in their bum? :) It's funny but I'm sure painful, hope you'll be able to sit without pain soon. Enjoy the Spa!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about yer arse. It won't get better by chasing after the kids and doing the housework!

Have a great week anyway.

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Ooooh, that hurt just reading about it.

I hope it gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

Ouch!

If I remember correctly - you had a pulled muscle in your last big tournament too.

Julie said...

sorry about the bum!

Steffi said...

So sorry Beccy!But have a great weekend with your tennis girls in the hotel!

frannie said...

what a pita!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good thing it happened after the grease night. I hope you are recovering well. The spa sounds wonderful and will be much appreciated with the pain in your butt.

Alison said...

Yikes Beccy...hope you are feeling better soon...enjoy the spa!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, so sorry.

Anonymous said...

Ouch!

Hope you're all better soon.

Sam said...

is that the same bum I saw on mum's blog?

Debbie said...

Oh dear. I hope you're much better as I write this. Sounds painful.

That hotel looks gorgeous.

Pamela said...

did that a few times when I played racquetball in my 30's.

I had muscles in my legs.

my4kids said...

Sorry about your bum! Hope it's feeling better by now though. I'm jealous of the spa weekend...